In the previous period, we hosted outstanding experts in Slovenia. The main motto of this quarter was to speak more about the importance of our DNA because we are unaware that our DNA is our Identity.
Next-generation sequencing (NGS) has fueled the genomics and precision medicine revolution over the past 15 years. In the past year, we witnessed the vast importance of genomics in the Healthcare System during the pandemic. The continuous innovations and genomics improvements in performance, speed, and genomic interpretation, coupled with dramatic cost reductions, have expanded the potential clinical impact of NGS-based solutions.
In this Round Table, we had an opportunity to host NGS experts, professors, patient advocacy experts, and non-profit organizations that shared their opinion about the future of genomics in Slovenia, early diagnostics of rare diseases and cancer, as well as the discovery of new biomarkers.
We want to express our gratitude to:
- Piarella Peralta, Patient Advocacy, Europe, Middle East, Africa
- Prof. dr. Katarina Trebušak Podkrajšek, Medical Faculty, UL
- Dr. Nejc Jelen, president of the association for rare diseases Viljem Julijan
- Dr. Tanja Spanič, president of Europa Donna Slovenija
- Dr. Jernej Kovač, Pediatric clinic, UMC Ljubljana
- Dr. Jeron Adema, Clinical Sales Manager EMEA Illumina
To see the participants' statements, look at the video below. We will be so happy If you share this video.