Wed, Sep 28|
ROUND TABLE: OUR DNA IS OUR IDENTITY
In the past years, we witnessed the massive importance of genomics in the Healthcare System during pandemic time. Now it's time to talk about the Future of Genomics.
Time & Location
Sep 28, 2022, 10:00 AM – 10:05 AM
SPUTNIK, Ljubljana, Tržaška c. 128, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
About the Event
Next-generation sequencing (NGS) has fueled the genomics and precision medicine revolution over the past 15 years. In the past year, we witnessed the vast importance of genomics in the Healthcare System during the pandemic. The continuous innovations and genomics improvements in performance, speed, and genomic interpretation, coupled with dramatic cost reductions, have expanded the potential clinical impact of NGS-based solutions.
In this Round Table, we have a opportunity to host NGS experts, professors, patient advocacy experts, and non-profit organizations that will share their opinion about the future of genomics in Slovenia, early diagnostics of rare diseases and cancer, as well as the discovery of new biomarkers.
ROUND TABLE SPEAKERS:
- Piarella Peralta, Patient Advocacy, Europe, Middle East, Africa
- Prof. dr. Katarina Trebušak Podkrajšek, Medical Faculty, UL
- Dr. Nejc Jelen, president of the association for rare diseases Viljem Julijan
- Dr. Tanja Spanič, president of Europa Donna Slovenija
- Dr. Jernej Kovač, Pediatric clinic, UMC Ljubljana
- Dr. Jeron Adema, Clinical Sales Manager EMEA Illumina
Tjaša Zajc will coordinate the round table.
Reception & Welcome remarks by host
1 hour 20 minutes
Round Table Discussion